Lighting the Way
The Continuing Campaign for Oakwood Friends School
Building on Oakwood’s Strengths
Since 1796, Oakwood Friends School, founded on fundamental Quaker principles, has passionately focused on the individual learner and cultivation of a vibrantly diverse community. An integral component of an Oakwood education has been a continuous, strong commitment to the arts and sciences; our Lighting the Way initiative has been created to maintain, nurture and grow this essential commitment.
Through the extreme generosity of you, our donors, we have already made great strides in providing outstanding facilities, where Oakwood’s students enthusiastically and inclusively create knowledge, joy and beauty, whether it be via painting, ceramics, photography, music or theater. Our Lighting the Way initiative has already resulted in enormous progress, visibly enriching the daily experience of students at Oakwood.
The Opening Act
Developments already achieved with the generous support we have received thus far include:
- In the new music studios above the renovated entry to the A.H. Lane Auditorium: development, creation and performance of compelling music.
- In the newly-renovated ceramics and art studio spaces: vibrant intersections of math, technology and art with coding, CAD design and 3D printing
- As part of the Main Building renovation: new dance studio, visual arts and design space
Most Recent Additions
- Exposure of the original trussed beam work and the addition of roof and ceiling insulation
- Installation of eight energy efficient windows retaining the light and beauty of the theater space
View Photo Albums - continuously added as work progresses:
|Lane Theater Beams||Lane Theater Windows||Progress Updates|
Lighting the Way Forward
With the continued help of you, our donors, Oakwood will now take this initiative to an exciting new level! Much needed upgrades to this facility will include new seating, enhancements to the lighting and sound systems and booths, a new scene shop and set-design work-space and improvements to the stage, classrooms and practice spaces. In keeping with our green campus initiative, a new, energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system will make the theater usable year-round.
The 100-Year History of Lane Auditorium
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.